Do you miss your friends, your mom, or your boyfriend/girlfriend? Now, do not fret because we know most people would want to keep in touch with their loved ones after your move. It is extremely important to keep in touch with friends and family since they are the “meats and potatoes” of your life! Maintaining communication with your loved ones is easier than you think, and it’s all thanks to technology.
Here are some great ways to keep in touch:
- Home/Vacation visits: This is the most evident and simple way to keep in touch with people. Go visit home during the holidays or long weekends! If you’re far away from home, plan vacations together with friends and families.
- Skype/Video Chat: Well here’s something you might be familiar with! Video chats are a great way to have a face-to-face conversation! Furthermore, this free application works as long as you have Internet connection, which is always a plus!
- Social Medial Platforms: Oh hey Facebook and Twitter! These two platforms are remarkable because you can share videos, photos, and invites for parties or gatherings!
- Phone calls/ Text messages: Text messages are a quick way to send a simple “hi” or “how are you!” You can always text a whole conversation up, or you can leave that to the simple phone call away! Make a phone date to catch up, and no flaking!
- Letters: Here’s a traditional way of keeping communication with loved ones. Although letters are not the quickest method of contact, many people still value written letters/notes. Consider sending letters for birthdays, anniversaries, and graduations! You can always stick to the “pen pals” tradition as well.
Remember: do not wait for your family or friends to make the first move! Maybe they are busy, or in fact, maybe they are waiting for you. Make it your priority and responsibility. Take advantage of our current technologies, and arrange for meet-ups—it will refresh your relationships!
Many college undergraduates will graduate soon, and you may need to keep in touch with loved ones if you plan to move where the job takes you! Make sure you know what’s next for your journey!
Remember, we move to or from Orange County, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego, Imperial Valley, San Bernardino, and anywhere else in CA!